Thank you to all who participated in the 2018 God's Work, Our Hands Sunday!
Each year, our Evangelical Lutheran Church in America holds a nationwide day of service called "God's Work, Our Hands Sunday". Congregations plan service projects in our communities on or around that day to celebrate what a blessing it is that God works through all of us, even though we are all imperfect people!
God's Work, Our Hands Sunday 2018
Trinity and our Northern Conference celebrated the ELCA God's Work, Our Hands Sunday national day of service on Sunday, September 9! Our Trinity project took place after worship as we made Teacher Appreciation Packs for teachers at Westview School here in Canton, a project powered by Thrivent Action Teams! Later in the day, our Northern Conference got together for afternoon projects in Bartonville and Peoria--God did a lot of great work through the hands of local Lutherans this year!
- Park Cleanup @ Alpha Park, Bartonville (hosted by Bethel Lutheran Church, Bartonville)
- Birthday Bag Assembly @ First English Lutheran Church, Peoria
- Peoria East Bluff Yard Cleanup (hosted by First English Lutheran Church, Peoria & Lawn Order Academy of Peoria)
- Global Health Ministries Rolled Bandage Project @ Grace and Peace Lutheran Church, Peoria
God's Work, Our Hands Sunday 2017
Our Northern Conference joined forces on September 17, 2017 for the ELCA God's Work, Our Hands Sunday national day of service, serving in the following projects:
- Camp Maintenance @ Camp Kearney - Several people helped to clear brush and maintain South Side Mission's Camp Kearney, which provides a great camping experience for kids who would otherwise be unable to experience God’s beautiful creation!
- Global Health Ministries Rolled Bandage Project @ Grace and Peace Lutheran Church, Peoria - Many Peoria-area Lutherans got together to pack bandages for use in hospitals in Madagascar.
- Greeting Cards @ St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Glasford - Members of several Northern Conference congregations got together to make greeting cards for local first responders and Canton Meals on Wheels recipients!